But listen, let me clear my throat... Oh, have mercy babe, Ha! I hope ya don't mind, let me clear my throat.

***Stepping on my soap box****

Okay, so nobody ever really reads my blog, which is perfectly fine with with me.... it allows me to say what I need to say without the fear of offending the world... because it appears that now-a-days you can't help but offend someone so very easily.

With that said, I think it's totally unfair to cast stones at Miss California for voicing her opinion in a pageant last night. Why? Because it's a friggen pageant!! She's not running for office and she's certainly not making decisions on who gets married in our society (although if she voted she did contribute to it) but the decision, as she started to answer has been all ours this entire time!

Now don't get me wrong, I consider myself a pretty religious person... I was raised Catholic and really feel strongly about my spirituality and relationship with God. However, I don't believe he does not love a particular type of people (regardless of what is insinuated in the bible)... I'm sorry, but I think he loves and welcomes everyone who loves him back. So without getting all religious and political on your asses, I don't think we should ever dictate who people can fall in love with and whether or not they are allowed to express that by getting married. I don't see the harm in people taking the sanctity that is a marriage and cherishing it at times better than most hetero people.... Liz Taylor & JLo anyone?

Furthermore if there IS supposed to be the separation of church and state... my religious views shouldn't be a part of the legalization of a union that is happening regardless of whether I agree with it or not!

However my point of view being mine, I am happy to live in a country where agree with me or not.... I can still voice that opinion without the fear of being chastised. So why would I chastise anyone else's opinion.... it's not like I don't know they're out there. Otherwise we'd have legal gay marriages by now! While I hope someday people will "love and let love"... I do not see how jumping all over a beauty queen's opinion helps the cause?

I can also see how a guy like Perez would be offended by her comments, but he should respect it as much as he wants to be respected.

Besides, when did a pageant become so deep??? I know she represents our state and all but in what? Don't they just do charity work? Beauty Queens don't make any major political decisions do they? Besides, if they didn't want to really hear her opinion, why did he bother asking her? Unless she was supposed to avoid the question (which it appears most pageant girls are good at) then someone should have really driven that point home to her.

I guess I just feel bad she's being disowned for speaking her mind.... I don't agree with her views, but I respect it and know people feel the same way. I just feel people would be more open minded if they communicated with each other rather than call each other "morons" when we differ in opinions. How is that bringing us any closer?

Thank you.

;)
***Steps off her soap box***

***Update since this blog, Carrie Prejean has proven herself to be quite the moron. But my statements still hold true. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So guess who's decided to stop being lazy???

Fanfare Please! Da, da, da, dah!!!

Early Mid-Life Crisis??