The Mouse was in the house.... with wine!

So yesterday my husband and I went to Disney's California Adventure.... or as July calls it, "Round 5 of my never ending birthday celebrations"! (I think he's a bit bitter?) Ha ha ha.

We had the two-fer tickets from the last visit when we went for free on my birthday! I had never been to California Adventure and let me say it did not disappoint. Maybe it's because I'm older that we had such a great time there... it had much less crowds than regular Disneyland and the rides themselves were much more fun!
My poor husband was particularly unamused by the Tower of Terror. He doesn't like things that are unexpected so when he was caught off guard (read: scared), he decided not to get back on that again. To quote him "That ride is just wrong".

After our ride, we saw a 3D Muppet show (amazing), rode California Screamin' (twice... the best), and lots lots more. We even went wine tasting for dessert wines in the little Napa Valley looking area! Leave it to me to find a way to get "my drink on" at Disney (it really IS the happiest place one earth)! The wine was delicious and there is much I need to buy. With our fabulous buzzes in tow, we proceeded to Ariel's Grotto where we had a banquet and got to meet 4 Disney Princesses Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, and Belle (I'm really kind of spoiled)! I also have to admit, I don't have any children, yet I was still extremely excited! They asked me if July was my prince and of course I said "yes" and they all congratulated me on how handsome and sweet he is, it was pretty cute.


Aren't we just adorbs?

After a few more rides we came home.... I really love my husband, he's an amazing sport when it comes to any of my ideas. I'm glad we got to share the Disney experience together (since we have never been there as a couple) but we realized we do like Knott's Berry Farm much better. It's just more our style. However, this will always be an amazing memory and we shall return once we have some babies!

As far as the exercise regimen, I'm still working at it. I am in much much better shape than I was when I started a few months ago however my weight isn't really dropping as I expected. Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day so I'm gonna keep at it. My deadline for some significant change in my health, body, or even self image is the end of this year... but I've started a bet to lose about 20 - 25 pounds before the end of June. I think this can be done. I have about a month to get a good start before I get into panic mode and start hard core dieting to partner with my exercise! GO ME! :)

Comments

Ike D said…
Yes, go you! I have faith in the June deadline. Finally a new blog entry ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

So guess who's decided to stop being lazy???

Fanfare Please! Da, da, da, dah!!!

Early Mid-Life Crisis??