After the stuffing...

So how did I spend my first married Thanksgiving?? With my in-laws. Woo hoo!!


Actually, it's tradition to go see them..... we've done it for the past 7 years, but it was exciting to actually do it as an official Palma!! Even though I'm still not legally a Palma... it's been about 4 months and I need to get all my stuff together to change my name! My mother-in-law suggested I keep it the way it is.... if I was successful with it I wouldn't be against the idea..... but for the sake of tradition I'm looking forward to taking my husbands name!!


So we left a little late on Wednesday.... it was still traffic time. We stopped for dinner together at Roda Viva, a little Brazilian Steak house in Temecula to kill some time. The food there was a little disappointing this time... it wasn't as awesome as we were used to... but it was good to hang out in the little mall and spend some quality date time with my hubby!

After that we went on an excursion to drop off an extension cord my little sister left here at our house... and after getting lost in Fontana we were ready to get to his father's home. We saw his family and it was good to meet a cousin of his who is now going to be living here from El Salvador. After hanging out catching up.... we were there so late we called it a night.

On Thursday we hung out at his mom who made us an amazing Turkey (a chompipe) as my people call it.... just like she does every year. It never disappoints...... it's pretty yummy stuff!! We hung out with his mother's family... laughed, talked, and ate. It was good.

Then we came back to his father's house where Ana had prepared an amazing lasagna (from scratch) and even though she said it was her first time.... it tasted totally pro!! All of the family was there with the exception of my father in law who traveled to Central America to take care of some business and baby Jubilee, our niece, who was with her mommy!!

Then after a few silly games of Mario Kart (that I sucked at) we were back on the road and ready for home...... we got home around midnight.

All in all it was a great holiday.... I'm glad I get a few more days of rest and relaxation. I realized that the season for family is about to begin and I happen to love mine!! I really should cherish the goodness I am blessed with and stay away from negativity. So with a month left in 2007.... cheers to good love, good family, and good friends!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So guess who's decided to stop being lazy???

Fanfare Please! Da, da, da, dah!!!

Early Mid-Life Crisis??