Aaaaaand my work here is done... j/k!

So how is the fitness program going?? Well I've been doing really well about religiously working out for about 4 months now. I feel stronger and can see slight (and I mean slight) changes in my body as far as flexibility and endurance.... so that's a good start! The scale however, continues to taunt me by not budging an inch.

Granted I know that I should also be on a hard core diet in order to see some crazy results... but "come on scale.... not even a pound??" I have been trying to stay away from the unnecessary snacks and all, but I'm Latin... beans, rice, and grilled something is part of my diet! That doesn't change as quickly as I'd like it to... and it happens to be 5co de Mayo today.... so margaritas WILL have to be consumed. It's just the way it is.

None the less, there is a hill I've been trying to conquer. It's the same type hill I couldn't walk up a few years ago that I can now do the 3 mile trek in about 48 minutes. That's pretty horrible I know.... but it will get better! I tend to tackle it about once a week with my husband who runs circles around me. He will jog up the hill and walk back to me... he can do this about 3 or 4 times in the time it takes me to walk up just once... that jerkface! We even got into a mini spat after he told me he doesn't think I'm sweating enough, as if hyperventilation wasn't a sufficent form of a "good workout"!

However, today I get an email from my friend and neighbor that says:

J: I saw you and your hubby yesterday jogging up the hill.

E: Ha ha ha... did you really? I HATE THAT STUPID HILL!!!
you shoulda said hello..... no wait, I looked like ass, it's better you just drove by!

J:Yep sure did. You were jogging and your husband was walking. Haha.

E:Ha ha ha .... YES!!!! You came at just the perfect time... ha ha ha, that NEVER happens! That poor guy runs up the hill and back to me a few times before I can walk all the way up... however, yesterday towards the end I said I'm just gonna go for it!

It's good to know I seemed like a bad ass! Too bad I was really dying inside..... but you just made my day!!

~and scene~

VINDICATION!!!! Take that Mr.Palm Tree.... who's yo momma??

Alright, while a good ego boost, back to my fluffy reality! Gotta go work out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So guess who's decided to stop being lazy???

Fanfare Please! Da, da, da, dah!!!

Early Mid-Life Crisis??